“The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
I am honoured to be nominated for a second time, thank you so much Harriet from Bookstacker! Find her blog here. Do check her out, she’s a fellow lover of books and also from the UK! HEY FELLOW BRIT! Also I’m gonna make this a colourful post because why the heck not?
Here are the rullllesssssss:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and mention their blog:D
- Display the award on your blog – hella yeah!
- Give 10 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire and have under 200 followers
- Post your answers of the questions given to you by the person who nominated you
- Mention the rules in your post
- Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
10 facts about me:
1. I love olives. Like seriously love olives. I could eat a bucket of them in one sitting. Heh – starting with food, oops.
2. Ya know it’s September 1st, so Christmas is just around the bend…. *grabby hands at my decs*
3. Film/Tv scores are my go to when I need to destress or paint. I love painting to scores.
4. Speaking of painting, I’ve painted my whole room – and not like block colours. I’ve painted the LOTR map on the main wall, Harry Potter quotes around the others, Six of Crows quotes, Walking Dead nod tos – I love making things my own!
5. I swim and cycle. Occasionally run.
6. My job role at the moment is actually a Personal Banker – so far away from anything creative it’s bizarre to think I am one.
7. I am going to Florida in a month and five days – SCREAMS.
8. Harry Potter is my one true love but Hunger Games is also as addictive and I love that trilogy so much.
9. Female characters that are bad ass, strong and human are the best.
10. I want so many dogs, I want to be like Will Graham from Hannibal:
Now onto the questions:
- What country do you call home?
The UK – I’ve only been to America once and Paris twice, not enough to make it a home.
- What is your name and it’s meaning?
Emma and in German it means ‘whole’ or ‘universal’ Also in this little book I have apparently Emma’s work had and play hard 😉
- Where is your favourite place to read?
Cosied up in my favourite chair by the window. If it rains it’s a bonus.
- Is there any book you’ve read which changed your view on life or had a huge impact on your thinking?
I know the most known thing to say is Harry Potter here, but I’m actually going to go with the Hunger Games. Because the worlds we’re in aren’t so far apart – it really could stretch that far into insanity and it’s scary.
- Other than reading, what are your hobbies?
Painting, swimming, baking and shopping.
- Do you like writing as much as you like reading?
I love writing my blog and articles for my website – I write the occasional fanfic as well!
- Why did you start a blog?
Because I wanted to make friends with others who loved books, and talk about them with them!
- What fictional world/place would you like to visit?
The Capital before it’s bombed. And Oz.
- Which book/book series would you like to see made into a film?
Wicked by Gregory Maguire. Forget The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with Franco- that’s a shit film. I want a film with similar themes to the musical – all about Elphaba.
- What’s your favourite country that you have visited and why?
America (Florida) everything is so big and loud and hot! I loved this place, the world is so fast there and the space around you is unimaginable when you come from such a tiny island that’s around a size of a small state!
Danielle from Books, Vertigo and Tea I actually love her blog so much and should say it more often! Go check out this girl’s blog – so so good! (I also know you have 200+ followers but in my eyes you still deserve the award!
And you know what? I want to tag anyone who reads this – if you want to do this award, I nominate you! I know this seems lazy, – only one nomination Em? Come onnnn… and actually I feel it’s justified- I don’t want anyone to have to wait around to use this – I tag you, so please do it if you want to!
Here are my questions:
- Books with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee?
- Shelf full of books or Kindle full of books?
- Which author would you like to meet in real life?
- What’s your favourite book genre?
- What’s your go-to TV show?
- Which TV star would you like to meet in real life?
- Favourite food?
- What type of holiday destination do you prefer the most – beach, mountains or wildlife?
- What’s the most recent holiday destination you visited?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- What’s your word of advice for your past blogging self?
Love Em x